26 August 2009

The First Weekend

My Fist weekend in Cork began with a long but helpful Orientation to the University College Cork and Cork itself. After orientation the UCC Students Union, more commonly known as the Student Government in the US, had planned an entire evening for us beginning with a movie. The movie was kind of dumb so some of us left to go and get a cell phone. So I now have a pay as you go cell phone with O2. My number is +353 086 3335850. Although if anyone plans to call me from the US dial 00353 86 3335850 and please fill free to do so because all incoming calls are free. After the cell phone adventure we wandered back to the orientation crowd where we were then taken to the Mardyke Pub and each person was given two free pints. So my roommates and I made it our goal to try every Irish draught beer by the end of the weekend, which we accomplished. Theres about 4 different kinds: Guinness, Murphy’s, Beemish, Bulmers (a cider). After a couple hours at the pub we were then taken by the Student Union to Gorby’s, a nightclub in downtown. At around 2 most of us left the nightclub for some much needed shut eye.


No comments:

Post a Comment